-->

Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Apple Cake with cinnamon and nutmeg powder

Apple cake with cinnamon and nutmeg powder

And also this is my humble entry to the wonderful event of WBB-7 being hosted by Nandita's Saffrontrail/
Celebrate the fall with apple cake this time . Fall season and apples go together so well that I could not think anything else so I made the apple cake on Sunday morning as breakfast , we usually have pancakes but thought of trying new thing for breakfast would be fun also…. My hubby was pleasently surprised , he is a big fan of banana cake but this time he even craved for it more , and my home was filled with a pleasent baking fragerence , Make it and enjoy it with your loved ones also...

Originally from here, adapted to suit my family’s taste and of course with many changes....Recipe Requirements

2 ½ cups of Red delecious apple peeled and cut into small pieces

1/2 cup of powdered white sugar

½ cup of light brown sugar

1tsp of baking soda

1cup and 2 tbs of all purpose flour or Maida

1tsp of cinnamon powder

1 tsp of nutmeg powder

pinch of salt

½ cup of canola oil

1 egg

¼ cup of applesauces

2 tbs of sour cream

some raisins or chopped walnuts as you prefer,this time I added raisins and dried craneberries

Method

Preheat oven to 350deg F(175 deg C), prepare the cake pan by slightly oiling the surface and then sprinkle some flour ,gently tap it to even the flour ,the cake pan is ready for bake,I have used 9 inch round pan but 13*9 inch pan can also be used ,but the baking time will vary …

Mix in sugar and sliced apples , set in a bowl ,now mix in flour ,salt,raisin,dried craneberries,baking soda,cinnamon powder,nutmeg powder in alrge bowl.

Whisk in egg and oil (can add vanilla for flavouring if necessary ), add this mix to the above in a large bowl , gently mix in together , folding it evenly ....

Add applesauces and sour cream to the above ,gently fold in and pour the cake batter over the prepared pan and bake it in the preheated oven for 30 –35 mints (if using 13*9 inch cake pan time will be 45 mints) untill the toothpick comes out clean ….

Cool and serve with a scoop of strawberry cheesecake ice-cream and some fresh slice of apples .These are optional but you can have it any way with or without topping …..it taste great and moist …And within a couple of hours it will be all gone , trust me ...

Bon Apetite and Happy Cooking

8 comments:

  1. I posted along comment yesterday what happened !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandeepa ,I didnot got ur response in my mail ,I am sorry for that ....but will love to know once again what you felt...seriously ...aamake abar janiyo kirokhum laglo ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Nice entry for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mantu,
    so let me reiterate
    I really liked the recipe...wonderful entry for the WBB # 7
    The pic of the cake with ice cream is yummyyyy
    your daughter must have liked it too
    --sandeepa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks RP ,welcome here !
    I have also liked the Lemon square you made for your hubby ..

    Ya Thanks Sandeepa !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this sounds delicious...I bet it smelled great while baking too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tripti ,it filled my home with soft baking aroma,do try if you feel so ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mantu - What a great way to celebrate apples :) the cream on top makes it doubly tempting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.