-->

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oven Baked Chicken Tikka with Vegetables


These days if you ask me what goes in Oggy and the Cockroaches or Waybuloo, I would say yeah that’s my kind of girl. And I would even oblige you with loads of home-made goodies if you happen to live in our neck of the woods.



And by any means or chance if you happen to ask me about the latest saas-bahu serials, I would say pardon me, this is not my cup of tea and I take my tea very seriously.

Then there are some exceptions like this  which caught my attention out of nowhere. And oh! This also reminds me of my feminine traits as well. Eh! And look at the plight,I am now writing here in my blog with a big time heartache. Some would say these are tissue paper movies or serials.I would say a human devoid of emotions is a robot, a robot just performing his or her tasks in this meta-physical world.




Anyways, well this is supposed to be a week revolving around love and well only love what else.
Just thought when you need to tell how much you love, you don’t need any particular day for that matter
.
These chicken tikkas were well appreciated by my folks especially my kiddo. I would say go ahead and make them and enjoy them in company of friends and loved ones. And you don’t need any particular or special day for this. It could be any day, any day made special with the love of people those matter to you most.

Oven Baked Chicken Tikka with vegetables
Recipe Requirements
2 chicken breast cut into about 2 inch pieces
For the marinade
4-5 heaped tbs of yogurt/Greek style yogurt
2 tsp of red pepper powder
½ tsp of red chilly flakes
2 tsp of MDH kitchen king masala
1 tsp of cumin powder
2 tsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of black pepper powder
1 tsp of garam masala
1/4  tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of salt
2 tsp of fried herbs


Method

  • Clean chicken breast pieces. Trim excess fat if any. Pat dry with kitchen towel. Cut into 2 inch pieces.
  • Now make the marinade
  • Mix all yogurt+red pepper powder+kitchen king masala+cumin powder+coriander powder+garam masala+black pepper powder+salt+red chilly flakes.
  • Preheat oven at 170 deg C.
  • Now marinade chicken pieces with above made marinade.
  • If you wish you can use mushrooms,onions and green bell peppers/Shimla mirch also.
  • Soak some toothpicks in water which helps in piercing chicken and vegetables.
  • Line chicken and vegetables pieces accordingly over the soaked toothpick.You can use large bamboo skewers or metal skewers.




  • On a baking tray, line up grease proof paper. And place the skewers neatly.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mints, then take out and brush them with left-over marinade.
  • Transfer again in the preheated oven and bake further 15 mints or till chicken pieces are properly cooked.
  • Serve with some Tartar Sauce.
Note
  • This recipe is a no-oil method of baking the chicken tikka. However if you wish you may add any cooking oil in the marinade itself and let the chicken pieces soak up the flavor.Then when it's all done after proper baking just drizzle some oil or butter over it.
  • Leave the marinaded chicken overnight in fridge and bake next day for best result.
  • This recipe is no onion, garlic and ginger recipe.If you do think you can add the onion/garlic/ginger paste at the time of marination.
  • You can go ahead and prepare some gravy also to go with these tikkas.Click here for a no stir/fry gravy or click here for a wonderful rich and creamy gravy.
  • Vegetarian can substitute chicken pieces with paneer or tofu.


Happy Cooking Friends

12 comments:

  1. Baked chicken looks awesome..:) Very healthy version from the usual..
    Lovely..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reva, yes no-oil is sure one healthy way but with all those masalas hmm..

      Delete
  2. The chicken tikkas look awesome...I have read The Notebook but haven't seen the movie...when I first started reading Nicholas Spark...I kept checking up whether the author is really a man...reading him you would think a woman has written...his sensibilities are just perfect....but then I may be stereotyping, who says a handsome man cannot write mushy love stories? :-) I started watching one serial in Sony called Kuch To Log Kahenge, started off pretty well but then madly went off in some other direction and I stopped...anyways back to the tikkas, I really like the tooth pick thing....makes it easier to eat...next time I have guests...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the movie but not read the book..may be it's time now to go back and start all over again the habit of reading good books :-)..yeah I know about that serial but had a glimpse of one or two episodes then stopped watching ..toothpick makes things easy to serve specially when one have company..thanks for stopping by Suchi ..hugs and smiles

      Delete
  3. My sister would be so glad to see this recipe, NO OIL in it ! too good Jaya

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, sure Deepa..let me know if she tries ..

      Delete
  4. Chicken tikkas looks awesome,can't help drooling..super yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suja,
      Now it's coming from you, hain whenever I go n have a look at your site, always makes me hungry even if I have just wrapped up my eating :-)..thanks for coming

      Delete
  5. Looks yum. The first photo is so bright though, the green of the cucumbers really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gauri -sorry for late reply..the first pic is with some camera settings and the next one is clicked on auto mode ..thats why first one is little bit enhanced..next one is exactly how the tikka looked after cooking without any make-up LOL..

      Delete

Thank you for taking out some time from your busy schedule to post here.Please Do not spam this space.