Well this month Healthy Diet Food Event by Priya's Versatile Recipes, comes to Spice and Curry. For this month theme, it’s about cooking with whole grains. So what exactly are whole food grains?
Whole food grains comes from naturally occurring nutrients of the entire grain or seed, if I go into details- then it should have endosperm, bran and germ. But as far as I know for our consumption grains should be little bit processed retaining the essential nutrients as in terms of – cracking, rolled, and crushed so that they can be consumed.
What are the food products that can be considered whole grains? - Wheat or whole wheat, Millet, buckwheat, Corn (including cornmeal) Oats (including oatmeal), Quinoa, Amaranth, Rice- brown rice and colored rice, Rye, Sorghum, Barley and wild rice.
So meals or food prepared with above is all welcomed.
There is a wonderful article about whole food grains Here, and if you have any confusion, do let me know.
Meanwhile in my initial blogging years I wrote some pointers for a healthy life-style which I do try to practice still - Here
Let me re-iterate the event guidelines in case you have joined us recently-
1)Cook food with Whole Grains - both vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes are accepted from 11th of July till 11th of August 2012.
2) Post as many recipes as you can, many entries per person is allowed.
3) Link back this post and also to Priya's Versatile Recipes - Host Line-Up Page...
4) Older post is accepted if refreshed with this event announcement page link and Priya's This Post ...Please include the logo as well.
5) Use of logo is very much appreciated.
6) Please send me all your entries on or before 11th of August 2012 with details below to spiceandcurry at gmail dot com.
a) A picture not more than 200 pix wide.( Please send one picture only)
b) Name of the recipe
c) Name of your Blog/Blog URL
d) Post URL
7) Non-Bloggers , do not get disappointed, you can send your original entries to the e-mail listed above.
Looking forward to all the delicious entries from all of you.Eat Healthy, live happy.
Happy Cooking Friends